Make no mistake about it — this book follows in the same spirit as the rest of the Hacking ExposedTM series, by exploring cybersecurity from an offensive perspective. In this newly-released 390-page guide, however, the authors do a deep-dive into industrial control system (ICS) cybersecurity.
ICS cybersecurity is not like traditional cybersecurity in many ways. It requires a broad, multidisciplined understanding of not only the cybersecurity of networking protocols, devices and operating systems, but also knowledge of how control systems work, combined with an understanding of the physics and engineering requirements of industrial processes.
To get you up to speed, we’re giving away the first chapter of Hacking Industrial Control Systems Exposed. In this chapter, you’ll learn about:
- What’s driving IT/OT convergence
- How ICS cybersecurity is different
- Understanding realistic threats and risks to ICS
- Documented examples of ICS cyber incidents
- The Purdue Reference Model for ICS
- Major components and terminology commonly found in plants today (SCADA, DCS, PLC, HMI, etc.)
View author bios and purchase entire book here. This content is property of McGraw-Hill Education.