Make no mistake about it — by exploring cybersecurity from an attacker’s perspective, this book follows in the same spirit as the wildly-popular Hacking ExposedTM series.
But ICS security is different than traditional cybersecurity in many ways. In this hands-on guide, the authors leverage their experience as ICS/SCADA security experts to show you how to implement an ICS-focused risk mitigation framework that’s practical and efficient.
To get you up to speed, we’re giving away this “ICS Risk Assessment” primer from the book. In this chapter, you’ll learn about:
- Safety considerations and potential consequences of a successful ICS incident
- Standard risk assessment frameworks such as CSET from DHS ICS-CERT
- Defining business/operations objectives, threat targets, impacts and risk scores
- Identifying assets, network topology, data flows, and vulnerabilities without impacting production systems
- Detailed examples of ICS vulnerabilities and security policies
- Controls analysis, gap audits, and next steps
View author bios and purchase entire book here. This content is property of McGraw-Hill Education.