What security and risk management leaders need to know about the state of IoT security in 2020 to educate the board and develop a multipronged action plan around people, process, and technology
Each year, Gartner offers their top predictions on how to ensure organizational resilience in the era of digital business. In this year’s report, you’ll learn about:
- How cyber-physical incidents (CPS) incidents with impact to life and limb will only accelerate calls for corporate and personal liability
- Why by 2023, the financial impact of CPS attacks resulting in fatal casualties will reach over $50 billion, 10 times higher than 2013 levels of data security breaches
- How IT security, OT security, CPS and IoT security functions will merge into a single, centrally controlled, digital or corporate security organization
- Why executives and boards will demand better visibility and control of the security posture of the organization’s CPS
- The need to identify all connected assets already deployed in the organization, regardless of whether they are considered IT equipment, OT equipment, building management systems, smart appliances, or any other type of (wireless) connected or IoT device
Along with these security trends, Gartner provides strategic planning assumptions and actionable recommendations for CISOs to use in developing their own cyber risk management frameworks.
So get ahead of the latest CPS and IoT security threats and download Gartner’s recommendations for driving holistic security risk assessment and risk management programs.