In addition, the convergence of the IT and OT in this industry began relatively early and the well-known security risks of the IT networks are now real threats to the OT Network.
This year marks a shift in the way oil and gas companies view security and it is finally gaining a strategic focus. Fighting cyber threats both from inside the OT Network and outside, the oil and gas industry faces security challenges that include common IT challenges such as mobility and BYOD as well as evolving IIoT and M2M communication security threats.
Situational-Aware Based Security
Designed as a situational-aware platform, XSense seamlessly connects to an existing setup and begins to model the network like a state machine. Acting as an invisible layer, XSense shows results within minutes by collecting data from around the OT Network and utilizing Big Data and Machine Learning to better understand the its operational behavior.
Understanding how the network operates and when it changes, assures detection of unfamiliar activity, be it a cyber-attack, an operational malfunction or a tampering incident. In addition, running forensics on traffic, which was collected by XSense, provides visibility and insight into both operational and security events in the OT Network.
Key Features for Oil & Gas Industry Cyber Security
Real-Time Operational and Cyber Incident Alerts
- Immediate and complete visibility into the operational network
- Alerts about existing operational and cyber threats
- Maintain productivity and business continuity
- On-going machine learning process
Active Machine Learning and Modeling
- Continuous learning of the operational network
- Adapting to changes within the network
- Real-time detection of operational and cyber threats
- Rapid incident identification and alerting
- Lowering risk of downtime
- Facilitating administration
- No interruption to operation (plug and play)
- Operates within minutes of the installation
- No overhead, pre-requisites or additional investments