- The WannaCry and Not Petya attacks resulted in billions of dollars in financial losses from disrupted production operations worldwide.
- Nearly 60% of organizations using SCADA or ICS reported they experienced a breach in those systems in the last year.
- According to SANS, only 64% of OT departments report being somewhat-confident or confident in their ability to secure their IIoT infrastructure.
- In March 2018, the US FBI/DHS confirmed that Russian threat actors had successfully compromised OT networks in the energy grid and other key parts of US infrastructure. Malware traced back to Moscow was found in US energy, nuclear, water and critical manufacturing organizations.
- According to the Ponemon Institute, nearly 70% of oil & gas organizations suffered a security compromise over the past 12 months resulting in loss of confidential information or operational disruption in their ICS/SCADA environments.
- Symantec is tracking as many as 140 cybercriminal groups that target the energy industry — up from 87 in 2015.
The lines between nation-state-sponsored cyber warfare, destructive ransomware, and hacktivists have all blurred.
Whether they want to advance their geopolitical objectives, profit from transnational cybercrime, or promote nefarious ideological goals, they are all willing and able to work together to attack the easiest and most valuable targets they can find. In most cases, that means the ICS networks of critical infrastructure and industrial organizations.
These are the crown jewels of your organization.
Disrupting them even for a single day means millions of dollars of lost production, market share and market valuation. More serious attacks result in catastrophic safety failures, massive environmental damage, theft of corporate intellectual property — and lives lost.
This is not hyperbole, fear mongering or marketing; this is real. If cyberattackers don’t already have your operations in their cross hairs, they will.
But with CyberX, you can trust you’re doing the right thing to protect production, people and profits. You’re reducing the risk of targeted ICS attacks and destructive malware, ensuring proper governance, and gaining the visibility and expertise you need to safeguard the interests of your shareholders, employees, and the communities around you.
Because we know what it takes.
“The warning lights are blinking red again. The digital infrastructure that serves this country is literally under attack. The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, in coordination with international partners, have detected Russian government actors targeting government and businesses in the energy, nuclear, water, aviation and critical manufacturing sectors.”
Dan Coats, US Director of National Intelligence